Anglo Saxon Huscarls (Hearthguard)



Moving on with the Anglo Saxons, we come to the Hearthguard.


Made from the fancier parts of Gripping Beast's Anglo Saxon Thegns box, they all sport Coppergate or Pioneer style helmets and painted shield designs.


I used the same colours as the rest of the army, but kept the tunics all in off-white to give a more uniform appearance and match the clothing of my leader.


They are further differentiated by being the only unit in the army not armed with spears - swords being much more expensive to make, only the best equipped warriors had them.


The shield designs were taken from historical references, and are all just simple geometric patterns. If I get the time, I may go back and add designs to the shields of my warriors, and upgrade these ones to have fancier patterns on.


Despite it not having any in game effect, I included this standard bearer with his draco standard.


His shield went on his back, making him the only model in the army who isn't holding a shield.


A close up of the standard. While a red dragon may be more appropriate for a Romano-British army, my Anglo Saxon force is from a later era and so avoids the potential conflict.


All of the Anglo Saxons that I've finished so far - just one more point of Warriors then the 4pt starter army is done.


Comments

Popular Posts