Eowyn, Shieldmaiden of Rohan


Another old GW metal figure from the stash, this time Eowyn in the armour she wears at the Pelennor Fields. She will be useful as a leader for my Rohirrim, and shares several colours with them.


Apart from the cloak, which I painted to match the other Rohirrim, all the colours on the model come from stills of the film - including the goldish armour red tinged belts.


As befits her royal status, she wears more gold than the normal troopers, and her leather armour is a richer, deeper shade.


The face presented some difficulty - it took me several attempts to get a shade of flesh that wasn't fake tan orange or unhealthily pale. The blonde hair was achieved by using very little yellow in the mix; instead starting from a khaki, then highlighting up to off white with some yellow glazes to restore the colour.


This was the first miniature I painted after my four month hiatus, the others having been painted before and been awaiting photographing. It was gratifying to learn that I haven't forgotten how to paint.

Coming up I have some more Eldar units, an assortment of Lord of the Rings figures and some Warhammer Fantasy figures.

Comments

Popular Posts