I'm alive, and I'm painting some WW2 figures


Specifically, 1/35th and 1/72nd ones. The large chap is a Tamiya Universal Carrier crewman, and is my first attempt at painting in this scale. I'll finish the carrier and the other two crewmen soon.


And a close up. Eyes are a *lot* easier to paint in this scale, as are teeth and lips. He still looks like he's grinning strangely from certain directions though...

And standing half as high, my SS test model, from Italeri's German Elite Troops set. I have a battalion of these guys for Rapid Fire! to paint up. After that, I might even buy the book...


This is my first serious attempt at SS Pea Dot camoufage. Am I doing it right? Let me know in the comments. (You know you want to)

Rear view. This one shows the camo better than the front, in my opinion. I have also just noticed that I forgot to paint the equipment on his back.

Also on the painting table are my Tau Fire Warriors. I'll be painting them in two batches of five, plus the test model, and another one that I'm saving for a tutorial. After that, I'll paint my Crisis suit commander, then my Kroot. I've also got a Universal Carrier, the above battalion of Germans, and sundry other stuff to paint as well. Who knows what's next?

Comments

Popular Posts