Noldor



Despite my love for Peter Jackson's adaptations of The Lord Of The Rings, his elves never quite hit the spot for me. Reading the Silmarillion growing up, I always pictured them in shades of grey and sea blue, with bright silver armour - a definite contrast to the gold and french blue elves portrayed in the films.


Of course, the beauty of modelling figures is that I can paint them whichever colour I like - which I have proceeded to do.


The soft grey robes give a clean and pure look, but without the harshness of white.


The Elrond figure is an excellent likeness, and captures the stance well too.


The basing is my now standard scheme, perhaps I could write a tutorial on it at some point.


This figure was my test for the colour scheme, just to check that the cooler colours worked - to my mind at least, they do nicely.



Comments

Popular Posts