A Horde of Orcs



Continuing my recent Lord of the Rings theme, next to hit the painting table was an eight strong unit of Mordor Orcs.



These are fairly old plastic models, and it shows a little - sculpted by the Perry brothers, they're smaller and less cartoony than some of the more recent figures released for the Hobbit, for example.


Unfortunately, it also means that they're a little light on detail, and the quality of moulding isn't quite up to today's best - although it is still perfectly usable, especially for rank and file troops like these.


They were painted in a similar manner to my Gondorians - simple block colours followed by a few washes for shading. The basing is my normal temperate style.


Comments

  1. These orcs are great too. It makes me want to paint some too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again, these are some of my favourite Lord of the Rings models.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts