Eldar Fire Dragons


With a trip to Warhammer World in the pipeline, I've been working my way through my rather dated Eldar army, repainting and rebasing to bring them up to a reasonable tabletop standard.


These Fire Dragons were the last figures I acquired for the army, soon after the old metal models were replaced by Finecast. 


The orange armour was basecoated with a rusty orange, before being highlighted up to yellow avoiding the more lurid orange midtones. Successive washes of Reikland Fleshshade and Agrax Earthshade created a deep, rich tone. 


The black armour sections were highlighted up with turquoise, and the cloth with grey to provide a contrast. The gems were done in my usual red mix for consistency across the army, while the bases were finished in my usual temperate scheme. 

Comments

  1. I love a good orange scheme! The bases really set them off too =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I hadn't considered the green/orange contrast before; they're just based in the same temperate scheme that 90% of my models are on.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts