It's arrived! (and review)

So my Foot Artillery arrived, and I have to say, that was bloody quick! I ordered them late Sunday night, and they arrived today. Excellent service from Arcane Scenery and Models. They're based in Nottingham with free shipping, and I definitely recommend them.

Here's a picture of the box.

The set came with three indetical sprues, each making one cannon, one limber, and five crew. However, the set does not include horses for the limbers (why not?).

Here's another picture, this time of the sprue:



 I found very little flash on the sprue, and no defects. The five crew came with seperate arms and heads, allowing almost infinite poses, and the cost is much lower than buying metal figures.

Sculpting: very detailed, and anatomically accurate (not 'heroic' scale, but true 28mm). As with most plastic figures, the detail is not as fine as on metal figures. 9/10    

Moulding: very crisp, with little flash, and no apparent defects. 10/10

Poses: five body poses, and seperate heads and arms means almost infinite poses.  10/10

Cost: roughly one-third of metal figures, however the limbers will require horses, which Victrix plan to release seperately, in metal. 8/10

Overall rating: 9/10



All in all, I was very impressed with both the trader and Victix. Painted pictures will be posted later, probably this weekend. I'm debating whether to try and paint with inks, instead of layering. Thoughts?

Comments

  1. Hi
    I am reading everywhere very good reviews for Victrix and Perry's figures, so I am considering to explore that scale (I am an old 1/72 plastic wargamer)
    Thanks for sharing!
    Rafa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts