It's...Tau! (My new Tau Empire army)

Off to a great start on my idea of painting more than I buy, I went and bought a Tau Battlefore from the local GW. It's a great value kit, and the sheer amount of sprues inside is impressive, especially if, like me, you've never bought a Battleforce before. Anyway, I've painted my first Fire Warrior, so may I present to you the start of my Hunter Cadre.




 I like the grey/black scheme, and the blue seems to work well for gems/glows. I would appreciate thoughts on it anyway. My highlighting seems too subtle as well.

My other test model was a Kroot. For this model I tried to go for contrasting colurs to the cool look of the Tau themselves, and this is what I came up with:


Somehow, this colour combination seemed like a good idea at the time...

I'm definitely going to do a repaint, the question is whether to go for a 'fleshy' look for the skin, like shown here, or go for a blue/grey skintone.


Finally, I need to choose a set of markings, which will probably be painted orange, a colour I don't get to use that much.

Comments

Popular Posts