Tau Army List - 500pts

I'd like to start this post with a big thank you to Old Shatter Hands at The Tau of War, for his excellent series of articles, entitled Joining the Tau Empire. Without them, I would have had no idea what to do with my new Tau.

My 500pts list is based off the list given by OSH, with a few changes. Here it is:

Crisis commander - Missile pod, fusion blaster, hardwired Multitracker, targeting array, hardwired drone controller, 2 gun drones -  109 pts

10X fire Warriors - 100

Devilfish with disruption pod - 85

10X Kroot-70

3X stealth suits, Team Leader with markerlight, marker drone - 135

TOTAL - 499


So, is this list any good?  General thoughts as to how to use it go like this; Kroot infiltrate out in front, while the Stealth Suits deepstrike in and markerlight targets, as well as providing fire support. The the Fire Warriors and Crisis Commander shoot stuff, and use their mobility (Devilfish and Jump Pack respectively) to get where they need to.

One thing I'm not sure about is the Fusion Blaster on the Crisis suit. General opinion on these seems to be that the most effective combo is Plasma Rifle/Missile Pod, but then I'm left with no weapons higher than strength 7 to deal with higher armor values.

Comments and criticism are welcome, however please note that I only have the contents of the battleforce to play with, so I can't go and buy lots of battlesuits and stuff like that.

Comments

  1. Hmmm...From what I see is that the Stealth Suits do take alot of your points so changing them around might not be a bad idea. For Example 8 Pathfinders cost you just 96 points and have 8 markerlights for painting the targets. As they have to buy a devilfish it will cost more but you can just give the devilfish for your fire warriors to use. That way you would have 40 points free for other stuff like rising the number of Fire Warriors to the maxium of 12 and getting a Shas'Ui in there or someting of that sort. But for me personally Stealth Suits are little too pricy for 500 points. But everyone plays like they like to play, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well they came in the Battleforce so they're in my list. I would replace them with something else if I had anything else to replace them with.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts