Tutorial: Basing

Here's a short tutorial on how I base my miniatures.



The first step is to paint the mini, and glue them to their base.

 Now paint the base with white glue of some sort. I used Wood Adhesive because it gives a stronger bond than conventional PVA.

Now dip the base in sand. I used GW basing sand, but any light coloured sand will do. The colouring is important, because it enables us to get away without painting it.

Now coat the base in Army Painter Quickshade. Which one you use will determine the lightness of your base. I used Strong Tone to get a nice brown colour, suitable for anywhere with a temperate climate. If you used soft tone you would probably be able to use it for desert basing.

The next step is to varnish the miniature and base together, because the Quickshade dries glossy. I use Citadel Satin Varnish, then Humbrol Matt Cote.

The final step is to apply static grass to the base in a random pattern, and there you are: easy bases in five steps.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts