Belgrade Terrain

Let's just start this post off by saying that Battlefield gamer. I don't like COD, so don't try to persuade me that it's good.

Now we've got that sorted out, I have decided that I need some sci-fi terrain, and being a Battlefield addict, I'm basing it on a map from Battlefield 2142. Specifically Belgrade.

Belgrade is a dark, snowy map set within the city of Belgrade. The map consists mainly of tower blocks interspersed with gardens. These gardens have low walls around them, and sometimes contain fir trees.

This was the only image I could find of Belgrade-note the dark buildings and blocky architecture.

Here's my first piece of terrain. I might just use it as a tester, since it's not actually square.

As far as I can remember, it's an Ikea shelf that wasn't required any more. The fences are made from foamboard and balsa wood. The black stuff is artist's mounting card, and the green stuff is insulation board, which I couldn't remove from the shelf.

The sections of foamboard are eight cm long, and seperated by the balsa sticks.

The gap in the wall conveniently fits a heavy weapon...

...and the doorways fit 25mm bases. Coincidence?

The alleyway is just big enough to fit a 60mm base. Someone planned this...


The ground will be covered with snow, giving a nice light/dark effect between the white snow and dark architecture.

This project will also inspire me to finish painting those Vostroyans as well. Maybe I'll play a game of Killzone with them...

Comments

  1. Thanks, there'll be more progress at the weekend. Excellent work on Killzone by the way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts