Remember these guys?


Perhaps I should jog your memory?

Now you've finished cringing at the appalling quality of those pictures, here's a nice shot which should soothe your burning eyeballs:



That's right, I've finished painting my 28mm British battalion for the Hundred Day's War. They just require basing and flags to complete. They'll form the 28th (North Gloucestershire) foot, which apparently still had stovepipe shakos in the Hundred Days. I'll have to replace the heads as well, but that shouldn't take long. As a plus, that means I'll be able to use them for Peninsular games, perhaps as the 37th (North Hampshire) Foot, my 'home' regiment.

The light company is mounted on seperate bases so I can place them in skirmish order along with my riflemen, who have had an unfortunate varnishing accident.

The command stand. The officer is actually in Peninsular uniform, but the flag bearing ensigns are wearing the Waterloo uniform. My reasoning was that as many officers were called up quickly, some of them wouldn't have had a chance to buy a new uniform.

Here's my OOB, taken from Dave Brown's General De Brigade website/blog:


5TH BRITISH DIVISION    PICTON – RESERVE  
BRIGADE
UNIT
STRENGTH
GRADE
KEMPT
28TH
30
LINE

32ND
24
LINE

79TH HIGHLANDERS
24
VETERAN

1ST/95TH RIFLES
24
ELITE




PACK
1ST
24
VETERAN

42ND HIGHLANDERS
24
VETERAN

44TH
24
VETERAN

92ND HIGHLANDERS
24
ELITE

SKIRMISHERS
12
VETERAN




VINCKE
HAMELN
30
CONSCRIPT

GIFFHORN
30
CONSCRIPT

PEINE
30
CONSCRIPT

SKIRMISHERS
12
2ND LINE




ARTILLERY
RFA 9PDRS
3 GUNS
LINE

I'm building Kempt's brigade first, along with the artillery. Later on I'll do Pack's brigade, and then Vincke's hanoverians. This has been, and will continue to be extremely slow project, so don't expect anything more than Kempt's brigade to be finished by 2011.

Comments

Popular Posts