Cold War Gone Hot: Shopping list



Here's a list of stuff that I intend to buy for my Cold War Gone Hot project. I've decided on 20mm, and will be picking up some stuff today, but I may have to order other things, particularly infantry figures, from the internet. Anyone know of any figure manufacturers who do cold war figs?

Here's the list of stuff then:

NATO forces

British tank force, made of either Chieftains or Challengers, with Scorpions as well

British Infantry, hopefully mounted in APCs if I can find them

US M1 Abrams tank force. I have some M1A1s and might try and convert them into M1s

A10-Warthog tankbuster. I love these things, and want at least one.

I may also get some Bundeswehr vehicles, such as Leopard tanks from Revell, as they are a German company they stock more German stuff than normal.

WarPac forces

T-72 or T-80 tank force

Soviet Infantry, hopefully complete with BMPs or BMDs

Mi-24 Hind. These are just awesome helicopters.


Terrain

Tarmac roads, because all my current roads are 'dirt track' type. I can also use this to make a section of Autobahn

Evergreen Trees, because all mine are currently deciduous

Buildings to make a small German town. I may try using Hornby Skaledale models modified with german lettering

Water features. Ideally I need either a river or a canal, and a couple of bridges to make battles interesting

Objectives, and other battlefield paraphenalia. Some destroyed MBTs would be nice.

Comments

  1. Cool, look forward to seeing this develop!

    "Cold War" covers a lot of time and changes in vehicles and equipment - based on your list I take it you're shooting for the 80's?

    ReplyDelete
  2. mid 80's for preference. I'm going to be basing it on Red Storm Rising, which provides plenty of inspiration for scenarios. I hate playing endless 'line up and shoot' style games, so scenarios are a must.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Team Yankee could be another good source for scenario ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I've referenced parts and as the Brits are using Challengers and the US are using the M1, the timing of RSR is between 1983 and 1986. I'm going for '85. I haven't read Team Yankee, but thanks for the tip. I'll keep an eye out for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 85 would make sense for an alternate timeline - Gorby loses out to a hardliner, tensions escalate. Or even a year earlier after Andropov, if Chernenko steps aside for a younger hardliner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the tips. You know more about this than I do. The Cold War is something i've never really studied. Oh, and thanks for taking an interest. Blogging is kind of depressing when no-one seems to be watching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep on truckin'. It starts snowballing after a while. After the first few followers, other people see you on their lists/blogrolls and stop by, and so on. The blog networks are a big boon too; get a lot of eyes on. You'll also get a lot more views than comments; don't judge just by comments.

    But I love comments too! Having my own blog has led me to comment a lot more on others'.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts