WiP Space Marine Chaplain with Scythe # 3

So last night I finished painting my chaplain, and sculpted flagstones onto his base. Since no one wanted to vote on my poll, I decided to go ahead and use a contrasting base, in this case marble flagstones. I might make the flagstones look old and weathered, or I could make them new and clean. I haven't decided. As always, here are some more pictures:

In this view you can see the whole of the model, including the converted scythe, which I'm quite pleased with.

A close up of the scythe. This picture is about three times actual size, so the layers are a lot more visible than in real life. I layered the scythe blade up from Midnight Blue, to Enchanted Blue, to Ice Blue, to Skull White, using about 12 layers in total. I then painted on the white lines on the edges of the blade, and the little lightning-like things that go vertically. I then glazed the blade with Midnight Blue, and put more white on the white lines at the top of the blade, and on the lightning. I chose to leave the lines on the lower edge of the scythe as is, as I felt that they were too prominent.
 The reverse side of the scythe. I also used the same combination of colours that I used on the main blade to paint the reinforcing piece of plastic strip.


 Close up of the writing on the large piece of parchment. The sort of X shape is supposed to be a pair of crossed scythes, like on the shoulder pad.


 A close up of the face. These photos show how sloppy my line highlighting is.

I'll probably finish the base tonight, so tomorrow I'll have pictures of the finished piece. I'll also (hopefully) be going to my local GW store for a day of gaming with my Eldar army. I might take pictures of any battles i may play (assuming my opponent doesn't mind), and any other cool models that I may see there.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts