WiP Space Marine Chaplain with Scythe!



So yesterday I went into my local GW to find something cool to paint, and came out with this:

Space Marine Chaplain with Crozius and Bolt Pistol

I then decided that I would convert him to hold a scythe, partially because scythes are, let's face it, badass, and partially because if I ever do another marine army they'll be Scythes of the Emperor.

So after chopping the head off the crozius, and adding some plasticard rodto form the handle of the sycthe, I glued the head of the crozius onto the top of his backpack, and I was left with this:



And here's a few more pictures taken before priming:
I probably should have filled in the gap in his arm, but hey, it's not nearly as noticable in the painted version, so no harm done there.
Seeming as this is a display piece, I thought I'd drill out his bolt pistol.

Unfortunately, I forgot to take any pictures of his scythe before painting, so here's one after being undercoated black, painted silver and washed with Baal red wash:

The scythe blade was carved from a piece of plasticard, and glued onto the handle of the scythe. A piece of plastic strip was then curved round the handle and glued into place, with a clamp holding it in the right position while the glue dried.

These photos are all taken after I highlighted the armour with a very dark grey and then washed with Badab Black wash. Note no edge highlighting has been done. While waiting for the armour to dry, I started on the face.

HIs face was done by layering Dark Flesh, Dwarf Flesh and Elf Flesh up, then washing a couple times with very thin Dark Flesh, then building back up with thinned Elf Flesh.

This model isn't nearly done, after an hour or so of convertion/prep work and a couple of hours painting. Still have to edge highlight the armour, and basically paint everything else. I also need to find a way of making the scythe look like a power weapon, because washing the silver with Baal Red just looks bad. Still, that's all for now. Progress might be a bit slow because I've got a bit of a hectic schedule this and next week, but I'll keep painting when I get the chance.

Comments

Popular Posts